Here is a list of 8 great ideas of how people can help caregivers with children or youth they know: (from Ruth Dynna Spence)
2. Order pizza to be sent to them for a surprise
3. People with children never get a break, take other kids for an event or hike or just to kick a soccer ball or throw some hoops. (art of distraction)
4. Spend an evening watching a movie, eating popcorn, telling stories, laughing.
5. Do not lecture, or be negative
6. Point out positives
7. Brainstorm when there are problems
8. Mutual respect, caregivers are people and their needs are last.