If you’re a caregiver to an elderly loved one, then you know that keeping up with nutritious meals can be a challenge. Between grocery shopping, prep-work and cooking, it can be hard to fit everything into an already busy day. Luckily, there are several meal delivery options that can help lighten your load and keep your loved one eating nutritious and delicious meals. Check out the ready to eat and ready to cook options below that can be delivered right to your doorstep!
Ready to Eat Meals Delivered
- Meals on Wheels- This Company operates in nearly every community nationwide serving seniors who are unable to get around needing a healthy meal, companion and watchful eye. Call to see if your loved one is eligible to receive their services.
- Senior Centers and Churches- Community organizations such as these sometimes offer food delivery for their local seniors in need. Contact a facility near you to see what they may offer you or your elderly loved one.
- Personal Chef to Go- Delivers fresh never frozen, heart healthy meals nationwide. No cooking required, theses meals are ready to enjoy when you are! A 16 meal plan will cost approximately $175.
- Silver Cuisine by bistroMD- These meals are lovingly created with the nutritional needs of people 50+ and seniors in mind. Meals include diabetic, gluten-free and low-sodium options. Prices range from $5.95-$17.95 and include consultations from a dietician and founder Dr. Caroline Cederquist.
- Veestro- All meals and juices are organic plant-based. Veestro shows just how delicious (and healthy) a meat-free meal can be! Gourmet meals prices are generally $8.00 per serving.
Healthy Ready-to-Cook Meals Delivered
Delivery services are on the rise to keep up with today’s demand for convenience. Healthy pre-assembled and proportioned meals can be delivered right to your loved ones doorstep. Even most grocery stores offer same day home delivery at a nominal fee.
- Grocery Stores- Many grocery stores nationwide allow you to place your grocery order online and receive items at your door step same day. Special online discounts may apply through rewards and cash-back offers. Check with your local grocery store for delivery options, fees and discounts.
- Amazon Grocery- If you subscribe for regular delivery (every 1,2,3,or 4 months) you can save money on products you already order. From meal staples to specialty items, they have you covered.
- Chef’d- This is a great company for those with special dietary needs including a gluten-free diet. Registered dietitians ensure each meal kit is nutritious keeping in mind that every consumer has a unique set of needs. Light meals begin at a little over $5.00 per serving.
- Blue Apron- This plan is a little pricier (around $10 per serving) but has a wide variety of delicious fresh ingredients that are high rated by customers. Plans are typically designed for 2 or more people.
- Hello Fresh- A combination of meat, fish and seasonal veggies are available and include step by step recipes with virtually no prep work. Caregivers also like that there is no commitment allowing them to pause or cancel at any time. Meals start at $9.99 and can be delivered 2-5 times a week.
- Green Chef- Choose a meal plan for two or more, pick your delivery day, cook and enjoy balanced meals. Green Chef offers a large range of dietary lifestyle options. They pride themselves on offering premium ingredients that are certified organic and GMO free at around $10.50 per meal.