Best-Selling Author, Dave Nassaney, is a Caregiving Expert
who Speaks About How to Deal with Burnout, Survive the Grief Process,
and Remain Positive — Even When You Just Want to ‘Quit!’
My name is Dave Nassaney, and I help caregivers to not just survive, but to THRIVE. As a caregiver for more than 23-years, I understand the pain and frustration of caregiving. I teach caregivers who are taking care of their loved ones (due to an illness or disability) how to take care of themselves FIRST.
Why am I so qualified to be “The Caregiver’s Caregiver” you might ask? Well, as I have mentioned, I am (and have been) a caregiver to my beautiful wife, Charlene, since 1996, when she suffered a massive stroke that left her severely speech impaired and paralyzed on the right side.
After a 3-year grieving period, we almost broke up, but we hung in there. She was angry and bitter most of the time, and after I attended a caregiver support group, I learned that I had to put my needs first — like the airlines tell us to put our oxygen mask on first. After doing this, she started becoming her old self again, and our love was rekindled.
I then realized that there were so many other caregivers out there suffering and feeling all alone, I didn’t want them to suffer or give up like I almost did. So, I became Dave, The Caregiver’s Caregiver.
I now host a popular syndicated radio show heard in all 50 states and 135 countries. I am a best-selling author, currently writing my 4th book. I have spoken on the same stage with Suzanne Somers at Harvard, and Martha Stewart at Carnegie Hall. During my current national book & media tour, I have appeared on 34 network TV shows from Hawaii to Washington, DC, as well as speaking at the, Nasdaq Market Site, The New York City Bar, Coca Cola, Mercedes Benz,, the Harvard Clubs of Boston and New York, a Ted Talk, and West Point, sharing my message to caregivers, “How To Prevent Your Loved One’s Illness or Disease (or even the Corona Virus) From Killing You.”
Book Dave To Speak or Appear at Your Event or Show:
Dave is a passionate, articulate speaker, who hosts a caregiver radio talk-show / podcast / video-cast on 25 different global media platforms. Dave also hosts a syndicated radio show, “The Caregiver Dave Show” on the HealthyLife.net network, heard in all 50 states and 135 countries. He is a member of Toastmasters International, a Life Coach to Caregivers and a best-selling international author. Dave is very comfortable speaking in front of large audiences and interviewing celebrities on television, radio or in person, whether it is Suzanne Somers, Caitlyn Jenner (yes, THAT Caitlyn), Dean Cain, or even as a counselor on Christian Television. He has written several books and articles,
His #1 Best-Selling book was released in September, 2017 entitled, It’s My Life, Too! Thrive and Stay Alive as a Caregiver”. Dave is an expert in his field of Family Caregiving. He is very funny, entertaining and unforgettable as he shares his positive, encouraging message of overcoming adversities and obstacles to any audience (especially caregivers).
He speaks from the heart to those who most need to hear his message of how to avoid burnout and survive the grief process, while remembering to never lose hope!
Click here to schedule
an interview with Dave, or to become a guest or advertiser on his radio show.
Advertising on our Podcast/Video-cast/Radio Show to Caregivers:
The advertising rate for our podcast/video-cast/radio show is $50/Show (minimum 13 weekly shows), but we also have a yearly contract for $2000 (52 weeks) which brings the rate down to a little over $38 per show, including 4 one-hour interviews per year, 2, two-minute commercials per show, my intro to the show announcing that our show is sponsored by your company, our show (along with your commercials) being aired on 25 different audio and video platforms globally, and finally, you will be sent the audio and video file of the shows to share on all your social media platforms. We also have opportunities to sponsor our Syndicated Radio Show heard in all 50 states and 135 countries.
Thank you for your interest in acquiring an interview with best-selling author and award-winning speaker, Dave Nassaney. Below is all the information you will need to do a very informative and entertaining interview to educate your audience about caregiving and what to do about the problems associated with it.
Name: Dave Nassaney (pronounced nuh-‘saan-nee, with emphasis on the second syllable)
Phone: Los Angeles (661) 904-5060 — New York (212) 299-9194 — Honolulu (808) 793-4979
SHORT BIO (50 words):
DAVE NASSANEY is a speaker, syndicated radio host, life-coach and best-selling author of, “It’s My Life, Too! Reclaim Your Caregiver Sanity.” However, his most important role is caregiver to his lovely wife, Charlene, who suffered a massive stroke in 1996 that left her severely speech-impaired and paralyzed on the right side.
ADD FOR MEDIUM BIO (+100=150 words):
Dave has recently appeared on 35 network morning shows from Washington DC to Honolulu, Hawaii, spoken & shared the stage with Suzanne Somers at Harvard, Martha Stewart & Ice ‘T’ at Carnegie Hall, Dr. Drew, Dr. Marc Siegel, Surgeon General, Dr. Jocelyn Elders, and Evander Holyfield at CNN Center Headquarters. In addition: Nasdaq, West Point, Ted-x, NY Bar, Mercedes, Coca Cola, and many more. His membership website, CaregiverDave.com, teaches caregivers how to not only survive, but to thrive with practical advice and tools to help them stay alive, since 30% of caregivers actually die before their loved one’s do, while many more become sicker than the ones they care for, eventually needing a caregiver themselves. There is also a higher incidence of suicide among caregivers.
ADD FOR LONG BIO(+125=275 words):
The mission of Caregiver Dave’s membership website and syndicated radio show, heard in all 50 state and 135 countries, is to help caregivers overcome adversity, the grief process, and burnout — as well as just having a safe place to rest, relax & recharge their batteries in a loving community of caring caregivers. We understand what you are going through, because we have all been there ourselves and have figured out how to not only stay alive, but how to thrive! Dave interviews actual caregivers, who have become experts in their field, and can give you actionable and practical advice to bring back the joy of caring for a loved one. If needed, Dave also offers a package of mentoring calls that will give you access to his wisdom. Learn more at www.CaregiverDave.com
Typical Interview questions:
- How did you get started in all of this caregiving stuff?
- Tell me about the “5 Min. of Dave’s Hammock Wisdom” video series?
- What are some of the books you have written?
- So, what are the 3 biggest mistakes caregivers make that put them at risk of death and the hospital?
- What is your CARE formula for surviving burnout?
- Explain the grief process?
- How can a caregiver avoid always feeling guilty?
- How can caregivers who say they have no help, have more success of actually getting help?
- Is any Veterans Administration, local, county, state, or federal government help available to caregivers?
- Why did you decide to put a one-time life-time membership fee for your support package?
- What is the best way to join your team of support?
- When is your coaching/mentoring program necessary to help a member?
How we help caregivers:
- We help them to see, logically and emotionally, that if they don’t put their needs above their loved ones, they will both suffer.
- We also help them to see that when they are in a negative, complaining mode, the solutions to their problems are hidden from their creative self
- We show them why they need to surround themselves with positive, healthy people who will challenge and help them to be positive, and brainstorm solutions to their needs and problems.
- Many caregivers KNOW they are burned out, but they don’t know what to do about it or where to find help.
- Because I was where they are. I know what they are thinking and how they are feeling. I too was burned out. I too felt like giving up. I too, isolated myself. Yet I learned the hard way how to not only survive caregiving, but to THRIVE, and I want to show them how they can also.
- Popular Misconceptions: That caregivers have no time to take care of themselves, and nothing they try will work for them. That their lives are hopeless, and that “this” will NEVER end!
- Caregivers often seem to have enough time and energy to complain (and that does take a lot of time and energy). They don’t think that they are worth spending money on themselves because they feel they don’t deserve it. They will do everything for others, but NOTHING for themselves. Many are plagued with low self-worth and have a low self-image. They often have a cheapskate mentality, pinching pennies, throwing away dollars vegging in front of the TV while their loved one sleeps, instead of planning that new business, or calling a friend for dinner and a movie, etc. Now, not every caregiver does this, but most of them waste time as a result of having a negative mindset. My book, “It’s My Life, Too!” addresses ALL these issues.
A Sample Promo or Introduction:
Today’s guest is known in caregiver circles as, “Caregiver Dave, The Caregiver’s Caregiver,” aka, Dave Nassaney. (Nuh-‘Sann-Knee, accent on 2nd syllable). Dave is an best-selling author, syndicated radio host, has appeared on 35 TV shows helping caregivers avoid burnout and survive the grief process. Now before you say, “Wait a minute, I’m not a caregiver,” Just hold on! EVERYONE out there will one day either become a caregiver, or need a caregiver. There’s no escaping it, Just think about your parents or grand-parents as they age. Alzheimer’s, Dementia, falls, cancer, ALS, Parkinson’s, Diabetes, the list is endless.